A few words about the product
Scantlings are a very popular timber construction element manufactured by sawmill companies. Among the products recommended as building materials are pine scantlings, which are the most commonly used construction material. The possibility of free-cutting, impregnation, milling, sanding, ageing or painting allows the order to be tailored to specific needs, conditions and construction requirements. Scantlings are very popular as construction and finishing products. The lengths and cross-sections of the product are highly varied. They are mainly made of coniferous trees, with pine scantlings being the most popular among them.
Pine scantlings are a fashionable lumber product. They are considered to be a good construction material or an excellent assembly element. They also prove useful as garden architecture and as support for partition walls. Pine scantlings are a widely available material. If you are looking for construction timber at a good price, choose pine scantlings, which are an economical choice compared to those made of deciduous trees.
Pine scantlings are primarily used for:
- manufacturing supports for various types of building structures – pine scantlings are ideal for supporting the roof surface protruding from the building or for making house columns,
- constructing wooden garden projects – thanks to pine edges, it is possible to ensure the appropriate strength of the structure of garden sheds.
They can also be used for making benches in summerhouses,
- constructing children’s playgrounds – scantlings ensure not only stability of the structure, but also its resistance to heavy loads. So children can play safely, and a children’s house or other structure will serve for many years in excellent condition.
- production of furniture and individual furniture elements. It is also a good way to make a mezzanine floor.
Pine scantlings manufactured at Kleniewski Tartak
Squared timber can be divided into product categories:
- not planed – raw construction edges that need to be properly prepared for use, e.g. by sanding;
- planed – in this case they are properly processed, so they have a smooth surface and ideal shape;
- glued – finished products made by gluing layers of wood with resin.
Tartak Kleniewski offers its clients products in the category of NOT GRAZED scantlings. With the help of our highly developed machine park, we are able to realise orders with strictly defined specifications. All orders are tailored to the dimensions specified by the client: cross-section and length, as well as quality and, last but not least, the price of the product.
Thickness and width - our standards
In case of pine scantlings, the thickness and width of the product is determined by our client. Depending on the client’s needs, we cut the scantlings in accordance with the order specification. The minimum length of scantlings is 1.2 m and the maximum is up to 12 metres, which is an exception in the sawmill industry. The maximum cross-section of scantlings is 300 mm and the minimum is 30 mm.
Pine scantlings - moisture level
Due to the fact that the pine scantlings produced at Kleniewski Sawmill are raw wood, moisture content measurements are not carried out. The average moisture content of raw pine wood varies between 50% and 70%.
Depending on the client’s needs, the purchased order may be dried to a specific moisture level. Our sawn timber is dried in chambers with a total input volume of 1200 m3 in as many as 13 chambers. Our drying kilns have been equipped with a Swiss thermal treatment system, which minimises the natural process of cracking the wood during drying, which has a significant influence on the final quality of the lumber.
Tartak Kleniewski also offers impregnation of the ordered goods. Impregnation takes place by immersing the wood in a bathtub with the impregnant for a specified time, until the wood is properly saturated with the preparation. Bochemit GB Profi in brown colour is used for impregnation. The product has all certificates and is designed to protect wooden structures against fungi and insects.
Our sawmill offers professional transport for bulk orders.
We have two trucks with platforms, but we are also able to arrange external forwarding on request.
The load capacity of each of our vehicles is 24 tons. The material is transported throughout Poland and other European countries.
Orders / Contact
We invite to cooperation both domestic clients (Poland) and from other European countries. Kleniewski Tartak company runs regular deliveries to Germany, Belgium, Holland, France, Great Britain, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Bulgaria.
We are also open to other destinations.
|+48 84 660 70 53||
|+48 84 660 72 03|